The Journalism Education and Research Association of Australia Incorporated (JERAA Inc) aims to:
- Raise the standard of teaching in journalism.
- Collect and disseminate information about journalism education.
- Develop closer relations with the mass media and professional associations.
- Promote the views of the association.
- Foster research.
- Promote freedom of expression and communication.
Membership of the Association is available to any full-time teacher in the field of journalism in a tertiary institution, part-time members of academic staff primarily teaching journalism, those teaching courses ancillary to journalism, teachers of journalism/media at secondary schools, or others who may be admitted by the Association's Executive, provided that they subscribe to the ideals and objectives of the Association.
The JERAA Constitution and associated By-Laws govern the conduct of the Association.
Current Constitution Updated 2014
Old JERAA Constitution (PDF)
JERAA By-Laws (PDF)