call for papers
Thank you for your interest, our Call for Papers is now closed.
If you would like to attend the conference, you can register here.
JOURNALISM and DEMOCRACY 2020:
Transformations in journalism research, education and practice
RMIT University, Melbourne, December 2, 3, 4, 2020 (pre-conference mentoring and training December 1)
Update: Submission deadline extended to Friday 10 July.
The Journalism Education and Research Association of Australia is calling for submissions for its annual conference, which will be hosted by RMIT University in Melbourne, December (1 – pre-conference), 2, 3 and 4.
While we don’t know yet precisely what format the conference will have to take, we look forward to responding to these historic times for journalism and democracy with a robust program, whether online or in person.
However, we are now calling for abstracts for papers and panel proposals that address the important role of journalism during times of crisis, and specifically in response to COVID-19, as well as the following themes of the conference:
- Journalism and journalism education from the southern hemisphere
- Journalism, global justice and global challenges
- The politics of political reporting
- Press freedom and safety
- Genres: constructive journalism, slow journalism, choose your own adventure, VR etc.
- Public Interest Journalism and collaborative investigations
- Funding: from rock concerts to philanthropy
- Verification and misinformation in an age of information overload
- Automated journalism and its ethics
- Journalism history
For further details on the theme please visit https://jeraa.org.au/about/
Submissions for abstracts and panels can be sent directly to email@example.com
Panel proposals should include a 200-word overview, with 200 words from each participant on their contribution, as well as panel title, author/s and affiliation and keywords.
Abstracts should be no more than 300 words, including title, author/s and affiliation, abstract and keywords.
For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org