Why Join JERAA
By joining JERAA you will have the pleasure of belonging to an academic association of like-minded journalism scholars who work to:
- Raise the standard of teaching in journalism
- Collect and disseminate information about journalism education
- Develop closer relations with the mass media and professional associations
- Promote the views of the association
- Foster research
- Promote freedom of expression and communication
JERAA membership also includes a subscription to the Australian Journalism Review (AJR), which will be posted twice a year.
JERAA membership is $160 for full-time journalism academics, researchers and trainers and $80 for part-time journalism academics, part-time educators and full-time postgraduate students. The annual membership period is from 1st September to 31st August, which allows people to be financial ahead of the annual conference and coincides with JERAA Inc’s financial reporting period.
If you are renewing your membership, you can log in to members, and do not have to re-enter all of your details.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Membership fees do not include any tax credits as JERAA Inc is exempt from collecting GST because its annual turnover is below the current threshold.