Why Join JERAA
By joining JERAA you will have the pleasure of belonging to an academic association of like-minded journalism scholars who work to:
- Raise the standard of teaching in journalism
- Collect and disseminate information about journalism education
- Develop closer relations with the mass media and professional associations
- Promote the views of the association
- Foster research
- Promote freedom of expression and communication
Membership provides free access to the Australian Journalism Review, discounted conference prices, and up-to-date news on journalism research and education (via the JERAA discussion group). Members can apply for research and teaching grants as well as nominate students for Ossie awards.
JERAA membership is $200 for full-time journalism academics, researchers and trainers and $80 for part-time journalism academics, part-time educators and full-time postgraduate students. Membership is valid for 365 days from the date of registration.
If you are renewing your membership, you can log in to members, and do not have to re-enter all of your details.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
Membership fees do not include any tax credits as JERAA Inc is exempt from collecting GST because its annual turnover is below the current threshold.